The Exploring District of the Las Vegas Area Council supports the Explorers of Southern Nevada and the Colorado River region of Arizona and California. Areas include the entire Las Vegas valley and surrounding cities.
Exploring is an integral part of the Learning for Life career education program. It is a co-ed program developed for youth who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) to 20 years old.
Exploring is a work site based program designed to give students hands on opportunities to explore their career interests as they make decisions about their future. Most posts meet once or twice a month to hear speakers, participate in activities related to their career interests and build relationships with professionals in the given industry.
Youth: If you are a male or female between 14 and 20 years old, you can get started in Exploring today! Middle School Clubs may be available as well for 11-13 year old boys and girls.
Simply contact your Exploring Executive to help decide which Explorer Posts you are interested in.
LAS VEGAS AREA COUNCIL EXPLORING POSTS & CLUBS
What is a day in the life of an Explorer like? Click here to SEE OUR VIDEO
(If there is no link , please contact email@example.com for Post Advisor contact info)
Arts & Humanities
- LVAFP- Las Vegas Art Fashion Program Post 1986
- Immortal Portal /Tarkanian Basketball Academy Post 4774
- LAYOP -Live at Your Own Pace Fashion Design Post 2320 COMING SOON
Veterinarian / Animal Care
- Bullhead City PD Post COMING SOON
Crime Scene Investigations
Engineering / Technology
- Bullhead City FD Post 960
- Clark County FD Post 123
- Henderson FD Post 405
- Kingman Fire Dept Post 10 SPRING 2017
- Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Post 740
- Lake Havasu City FD COMING SOON
- Mohave Valley FD Post 811 SPRING 2017
- North Las Vegas FD Post 2050
- Pahrump Fire and Rescue Post COMING SOON
- Sunrise Hospital Post 3186 COMING SOON
- Blythe PD Post 642
- Boulder City PD Post 198
- Bullhead City PD Post 1255 March 2017
- Henderson PD Post 920
- Kingman PD Post 47
- La Paz Sheriff Post 945 COMING SOON
- Lake Havasu City PD Post 93
- Las Vegas Metro PD Post 725
- Las Vegas City Marshalls Post 582
- Mesquite PD Post 403
- North Las Vegas PD Post 730
- Nye County Sheriff (Pahrump ) Post 284
- Leadership Law Enforcement Post 6266
- Parker PD Post 853
- Quartzsite PD Post 928
- USAF Military Explorers Post 57 (Nellis AFB) COMING SOON
- Sheet Metal Local # 88 Post 88 COMING SOON
District Key 3:
District Chairman- Chad Baker 702-498-7267 firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Team Leader- Joseph Schaeffer 702-568-1687 email@example.com
Exploring Executive- Deanna Heisler 702-968-8134 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer to be a guest speaker with Learning for Life’s school based programs and share with youth about your education and career field.
- Host an Exploring program at your business and give students hands on opportunities to learn about a career field.
Ask others you work with to be volunteer speakers at schools or to start an Exploring program with you!
Exploring Executive, Deanna Heisler 702-968-8134 email@example.com