The Exploring District of the Las Vegas Area Council supports the Explorers of Southern Nevada and the Colorado River region of Arizona and California. Areas include the entire Las Vegas valley and surrounding cities.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate an Explorer post by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the greater Las Vegas area and surrounding communities. It is a co-ed program developed for youth who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) to 20 years old.
What is a day in the life of an Explorer like? Click here to SEE OUR VIDEO
Exploring is a work site based program designed to give students hands on opportunities to explore their career interests as they make decisions about their future. Most posts meet once or twice a month to hear speakers, participate in activities related to their career interests and build relationships with professionals in the given industry.Youth: If you are a male or female between 14 and 20 years old, you can get started in Exploring today! Middle School Clubs may be available as well for 11-13 year old boys and girls.
Simply contact your Exploring Executive to help decide which Explorer Posts you are interested in.
GO TO: LightsFC.com/Schedule
LAS VEGAS AREA COUNCIL EXPLORING POSTS & MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUBS
Arts & Humanities
- Advanced Career & Technology Academy Post COMING SOON
Crime Scene Investigations
- Las Vegas Metro PD Post 990 (Next recruitment October 2019)
- LS Endeavors (HAM Radio) Post 879 COMING SOON
Engineering / Technology
- Engineering-NV Southern Railway Post 884 and Middle School Explorer Club 1000 RECRUITING NOW (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Engineering- GeoTek Post 6835 RECRUITING NOW (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Bullhead City FD Post 960 (Application CLICK HERE)
- Clark County FD Post 123 (Application CLICK HERE)
- Fire Prep & Leadership Academy Post 3819 RECRUITING NOW (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Henderson FD Post 405 RECRUITING NOW (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Kingman Fire Post 10 RECRUITING NOW
- Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Post 740
- Lake Havasu City FD COMING SOON
- Mohave Valley FD Post 811 RECRUITING NOW
- North Las Vegas FD Post 2050 (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Blythe PD Post 642
- Boulder City PD Post 198
- Bullhead City PD Post 1255 (CLICK HERE)
- Colorado River Indian Tribal Police Post COMING SOON 2018
- Henderson PD Post 920 (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Kingman PD Post 47 (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- La Paz Sheriff Post 945 COMING SOON
- Lake Havasu City PD Post 93
- Las Vegas Metro PD Post 725 (Next recruitment Oct 2019)
- Las Vegas City DPS Marshall Post 582
- North Las Vegas PD Post 730
- Nye County Sheriff (Pahrump ) Post 284
- Leadership Law Enforcement Post 6266 (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- Parker PD Post 853
- Quartzsite PD Post 928 (flyer under Current Recruitment tab)
- USAF Military Explorers Post 57 (Nellis AFB) COMING SOON
- COMING SOON
2018-2019 District Key 4 Leadership:
District Chairman- Chad Baker 702-498-7267 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chairman-/Aviation Chairman Reza Karamooz 702-879-9100 email@example.com
District Commissioner/Service Team Leader- Craig Tomao 702-592-9545 firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring Executive- Deanna Heisler 702-968-8134 email@example.com
Interested in a tax deductible donation?
- Volunteer to be a guest speaker with Learning for Life’s school based programs and share with youth about your education and career field.
- Host an Exploring program at your business and give students hands on opportunities to learn about a career field.
Ask others you work with to be volunteer speakers at schools or to start an Exploring program with you!
Proud Member of Henderson Chamber of Commerce